Winterize 250HP Yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterize 250HP Yamaha

I have a 2006 250 HP Yamaha 4 stoke. I need to winterize the ehgine and it looks like to remove the plugs (to fog) is a job. The dealer was telling me of a gas/oil mix that they ran briefly and then shut the motor down and called that winterized. Can anyone provide that mixture or confirm what the proper procedure is. The manuel is worthless in this regard.
    bob

Bob, the manual actually says to fog through the intake. A couple of dealers I spoke with just use a separate gas tank with a mixture of gas, fuel stabilizer, and 2-cycle oil - not sure of the proportions. I am sure they do that to save time, which is money in their pockets.

I fogged my F200 with a quick shot of oil through the intake silencers with the engine running, then pulled the plugs and squirted some oil in there and turned the engine over a couple of times.

Not sure why you think pulling the plugs looks tough - it's a 10-minute job, tops. You'll need a 5mm allen wrench to remove the coil cover, and then the plugs are right in front of you. It's never a bad idea to look at the plugs, either, just to make sure things are running right.

Tim

Comment

Bob, found a page with a formula for the winterization mix: http://www.boatmotors.com/winterization/

Tim

Comment

Working...
      X