Cam, Trim Sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam, Trim Sender

The trim sender cam on my 2005 VZ200TLRD has broken and needs to be replaced. Is this an item that I can install myself? What position should it be in? Evidently it is still considered too new to have a service manual available.

Thanks

if the cam is broke, check the sender. usually they break cause the sender is stuck.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

yea bad design on the sender, take some lube like wd40, spray the sender at the joint/spring and try to break it loose, up n down slowly. if and when you freee it, cover the joint in grease to seal it off from salt.if its unfreeable, needs to be replaced.

Comment

The trim sender cam - the plastic round piece that fits over the rod is broken. If I attempt to replace the trim sender cam, can I expand the plastic ring and fit it over the shaft or does the rod have to be removed to install the new plastic ring? Should the extension of the trim sender cam be under or over the trim lever?

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

not sure about over or under but it will expand around the steering tube. the screw goes on the bottom and the sender rests against the flat side, not the side with the brace on it. hope this helps.
          Michael Babuchna

Comment

Challenger,
            Try heating the trim ring cam with a hair dryer to make it a little more pliable before expanding it to fit over the tilt tube - works for me [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
            Ken K

Comment

the ring will fit over the tilt tube without heating it. infact, heating will weaken the temper of the plastic and it will break even easier next time. as to how it goes on, if you put the screw on the bottom of the tube from the front to back and put the sender cam on the flat part and not the part that has the brace on it, you should be good to go.
              Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
              X