Trying to fog 2006 40 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to fog 2006 40 HP

Cant figure out how to get cowl off to fog carbs? Looks like its a 2 part cowl with a part that looks like it snaps on the front of the cowl but I cant figure how to get that part off or even if it comes off. There is a removable rubber hose in the center of the mesh guard/filter. Would spraying the fogging oil into the hole where the hose is do the job or does the whole cowl have to be removed.

If this is a four stroke 40hp then the air silencer is very difficult to remove. There are six bolts that bolt silencer to carbs and two more that bolt it to block. Spraying oil into vent hose will not fog the engine properly, the air silencer would have to be removed to fog it properly.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Went to the dealer for his advice and was told too much trouble to remove the cowl, just take the plugs out, and use fogging oil in the cylinders and crank a few times and Im done . Sounds like the easiest way to me. Only problem was the 3rd plug is below the cowl and was a bear to get out til I bought a breaker bar. Normal ratchet didnt have enough clearance near the handle to get any leverage on the plug.

Comment

Working...
      X