Yamaha 40 1986

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 40 1986

I keep the boat and motor in my garage. Do I have to winterize the motor ?? or is covering it enough ?? Thanks Jimmy

Yes you sould. If it is heated you may get away with it. Even if it is, you should still run it dry... Gas Sitting in a carb will dry up and coat the carb with a varnish substance that is hard the clean up afterwards. Fogging won't hurt anything. If it is not heated, regular winterize is called for.

Best
    Jon

Comment

I wouldn't run it dry if you use premix. If one or more of the carbs run dry before the others then you will have one or more cylinders running without lubrication until all of the carbs run dry.

I'd add stabilizer to the fuel and run the motor long enough to be sure that the fuel with stabilizer was in the carbs and then shut the motor off. You could remove the drain plug and drain the fuel from the float bowls if you wish after shutting the motor down.

IMO, if you are sure that you won't be running the motor for several months, it would be best to go ahead and winterize the motor. Heated garage or not.

Comment

Working...
      X