2004 90HP 4S Rough Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 90HP 4S Rough Idle

My outboard has begun to idle really rough and has even cutoff recently when I was approaching the dock. I try only add 5 gallons of gas at a time to keep it fresh and have been taking the boat out at least every two weeks over this summer. Does anyone have an idea where I should start looking for the trouble?

Usually that is dirty carbs but it's hard to say. If you havn't been using fuel stabilizer then my quess would it needs the carbs cleaned.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I've ran some SeaFoam through the gas but can't say I notice much of a difference. I have the Service Manual and the Carb removal and disassembly looks to be really detailed and time comsuming. Would removal of the plastic intake housing and spraying Carb cleaner in the intake give me an idea if that's the real problem?

I can't get the fuel line bulb to pump up hard so I was wondering if I had an air leak.

Comment

I have a 1995 90TLRT that I was having the same problem with.

My engine has a red emergency start lever near the intake cover which needed to be turned back to normal running position. It turns with a screw driver. Once I did that it ran great!

Comment

Working...
        X