2001 Yamaha 225hp Saltwater SX225Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 225hp Saltwater SX225Z

This motor starts cold fine and I always let it warm up for several minutes before taking off and it runs fine. I turn the motor off for 10 minuets or longer when hot and when I go to restart the motor, it fire right away but won't stay running. I then have to give it a little gas and crank it over and then it will start. I then notice some blue smoke like its running to rich and it almost seemed flooded. After it restarts it runs fine and idles fine. I have always used Ring-Free in this motor since day one and cleaned the OX sensor before the start of last season. The plugs look fine but I did not replace them this season. I just went on a four day trip and it started to do this after the second day. I do have a water separating fuel filter on this motor also. Any ideas?

as general maintenance you should also clean the vapor tank filter, probably not your issue but needs to be done yearly.

Comment

sounds just like a problem i had a while back. turned out to be a pin hole in the diphram of one of the fuel pumps. while sitting, fuel was being slowly dumped into the crankcase. remove and check them.
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

slim

You might be on to something here. I remember starting the motor and it seemed to have a fast idle the day before and I thought that was odd becase it has never done that before. When your motor had the pinhole, did the motor idle and run fine.

Comment

once it starts yes. idles fine. but it takes a while to blow all the extra fuel out the cyl"s
          Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
          X