Oil warning unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil warning unit

I have a 1986 150 pro-V. Im having problems with the oil warning/sending unit. Every so often, while under way, the motor will cut back and the warning buzzer will go off. When I pull the cover and check the oil level, it's fine. When I pick up the unit/float(?)out of the tank, the buzzer quits. Is there some way of rebuilding this or is buying a new one in order? If buying a new one is the anwser, where can you find one. I can't locate one anywhere on the net for that year motor.

check the wiring , is it factory? it should go off when you lift it out,dropping the magnet, sensing low/no oil.you might have a bad connection and when moving it , makes the connection?
    do you have a multigauge and it shows OIL as the issue?

Comment

there is a foam seal on the bottom of this sensor and if you lift it out, it may fall off, when pushing the sender back down into the tank, you could jam this foam seal into the oil pump feed tube and block the oil flow, you will not get any sort of signal for this and your motor will lock up. no doubt. if its not on the bottom of the sender when you pull it out, your gonna have to drain the tank and find it. put it back on the bottom of the filter tube and push down making sure all the arrows are lined up.
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

jb123, it is factory wiring and i don't have a guage, just a warning light/buzzer. When i pull it out and shake it the buzzer stops, just the reverse of what it's supposed to do according to you...WOW. I didn't notice any lose wires attached to the top of the float/sensor, but it might be lose inside the sensor it self.

slim, I didn't know it had a foam seal at the bottom of the the sensor and didn't notice it there when pulling it out, so it sounds like I need to drain and pull off the tank to look for it ASAP, as in yesterday, [img]smile.gif[/img]

You might have just saved me a ton of money, THANKS!!

Thank you both for you responses!

Comment

jb123, it is factory wiring and i don't have a guage, just a warning light/buzzer. When i pull it out and shake it the buzzer stops, just the reverse of what it's supposed to do according to you...WOW. I didn't notice any lose wires attached to the top of the float/sensor, but it might be lose inside the sensor it self.

slim, I didn't know it had a foam seal at the bottom of the the sensor and didn't notice it there when pulling it out, so it sounds like I need to drain and pull off the tank to look for it ASAP, as in yesterday, [img]smile.gif[/img]

You might have just saved me a ton of money, THANKS!!

Thank you both for you responses!

Comment

Working...
          X