HELP! 1987 9.9LH 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! 1987 9.9LH 2 stroke

Motor is like new, well it was until my prop whacked a rock at high rpms....

everything seems ok except when i flip the lever to neutral it want to flop back into forward, also while idling in neutral hear the gears ticking from lower unit....something is keeping the dog clutch close to the forward gear....any help would be great..

tony

Also i did have the lower unit completly apart and nothing seems to be damaged.

Comment

ok if you look between the l.u. and leg you will find the shift rod connector nut and lock nut. the connector is the longer of the two. loosen the locknut and screw the connector nut up until it releases the lower shaft from the top. put both the lower unit and shift handle are both securely in neutral. reconnect the upper and lower rods and jam the lock nut against the connector nut. spin the prop in neutral to make sure its not dragging the clutch dog. it might take a few times but unless something else is wrong, this should take care of it.
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try it this weekend.

I just re-read what I wrote. I can't beleive I posted that with all those mistakes.....lol

Comment

Working...
        X