2001 Yamaha 25 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Yamaha 25 4 stroke

Motor run good for about 100 yards, then the rpm drop and the motor begin to miss fire,then caughting and going good, but started miss-firing every once in a while. Going back to the dock I went down to ldle speed and the motor cut off and will not start. Could this be foul plugs, gas is new filter change. HELP!!!!!

cheeck your fuel ball when this happens and also try running with fuel cap off. sounds like your fuel supply is being interrupted.

Comment

Check the fuel ball, it will pump up buy will not stay up, But even pumping it up hard it still want start.

Comment

I suspect fuel contamination leading to blockage of
        your carb jets. Same thing happened to me 4 times
        this season. Despite cleaning my tank, using stabilizers and cleaners, it kept fouling up. Some
        people say it is due to gasahol. It doesn't take
        much to plug up these tiny jets on the smaller four
        strokes. Yamaha recommends a 10 micron filter inline with the fuel tank. I am installing that plus a water seperator filter and a new fuel hose.
        If that doesn't work, I give up.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. The problem was foul plugs, I did not know that a 4 stroke would foul plugs,I did change the fuel filter,the ball and gas hose. After changing the plugs it fired-up the first try. Hey guys thanks agin for all the help.

Comment

Working...
          X