rough running 90hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough running 90hp

ever since my motors buzzer went off a few weeks ago for over temp, intake got clogged with muck, I can't get any rpms out of it, at first it would not go above 2000rpm, then after I disconnected the battery and reconnected it will only go to about 2800-3000 rpm, and sounds like it is bogging real bad, any ideas???

does your buzzer/horn work ?? do you have a multi gauge ? if you havent overhauled waterpump lately, i would.when you drop the lower unit, attach a hose to the water tube above lower unit and run it that way to see if it runs at normal temps.
    at those rpms...sounds like a fuel issue as rpm reduction should be around 2k.

Comment

mossboss,
      Have someone squeeze the primer bulb a few times when your motor boggs down - if the rpms pick up, then you have a bad fuel pump.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

did a comp. ck today: 110, 110, 35--- pulled head and found blown head gasket , hopfully my local dealer has one in stock so I can get it back together for this weekend

Comment

mossboss,
          Do you think the overheating caused the blown head gasket ?
          You might want to check that head for warpage before installing a new head gasket.
          Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
          Ken K

Comment

if thats all it was, you got lucky. depending on just how hot it got, i was leaning towards a turned sleeve. but yeh do check for head warpage before installing new head gasket.
            Michael Babuchna

Comment

I think it did, will check the head

Comment

Working...
              X