2000 F115 stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 F115 stalls

Its been sitting for a couple of years idels great but give it gas it dies fuel pressure stays up on the fuel rail im stummped getting ready to clean screen in VST tank seeif that helps any inpuy appreciated

drain the tank first and give the motor fresh fuel, if that doesnt do it then split the tank.

Comment

if the pressure is staying up, its not the vst pump or filter. although i am suprised cause usually after about 6 months the vst pump will lock up due to gummed fuel. back to your problem. i think you need to pull the injectors and clean and try to backflush them. had to do this numerous times and its tricky but can be done. you have to use a battery(12 volt) and carb cleaner so be very careful not to cause sparks. first this is an easy check. locate the injector harness right above the oil tank. there will be two plugs there and one of them is the injector harness leads. ok remove the airbox and open throttle 100%. remove all spark plug wires for safety. turn on key to build pressure in vst tank. one at a time starting with the #1 injector, give the wires at the injector harness plug a ground while watching the spray from the injector in the throttle body. a flashlight will help. repeat procedure a few times to see spray pattern for each cylinder. if the spray is at all uneven on not a good mist, you need to clean the injector. repeat this for all cylinders. you might get someone to turn the key on/off/on for you. your gonne need to cycle the key for each test to build pressure. let me know what you find.
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

disregard my last post. i was thinking this was a 2 stroke efi.
        Michael Babuchna

Comment

ok this does sound just like a new motor just pulled out the crate. sometimes, while on a hose, i had to put it in gear and gun it and bring it right back to idle quite a few times to get it going. try this a few times.
          Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
          X