F115 diagnostic light pigtail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F115 diagnostic light pigtail?

I can find the blue with white wire but not the red with black that the book shows. Do I only need the blue to burn a diagnostic light to flash the codes?

You need 'em both. Find the YSD diagnostic plug (near the harness on the lower starboard side) and you'll see a R/B wire on it, follow it and you should find the other end of the R/B wire that you need. What kind of problems are you having with the motor?

-Mike

Comment

IT WILL ONLY RUN FULL THROTTLE FOR ABOUT ONE MINUTE THEN FALLS BACK SLOWLY TO 3800. i CAN TURN OFF KEY, RESTART AND GET ANOTHER MINUTE OF FULL RPM. i hAVE CHANGED BULBS, HOSES, RACORS, AND ENGINE FUEL FILTERS. tHIS IS TWIN SETUP. TRADED COILS ALSO. i FOUND THE r/b ON PLUG BUT IT JUST DOES NOT HAVE OTHER END WITH CONNECTOR ON IT LIKE THE l/w WIRE. i CAN USE TINY ALLIGATOR CLIP IN PLUG THOUGH i THINK. THANKS

Comment

Ok, it sounds like you need the Yamaha test lead kit (p/n YB-06795). It does the same thing except with a plug to fit the YDS plug and single out the R/B wire for you. But whatever you can make work for you is fine.

-Mike

Comment

Do I have to have the yamaha light or will any 12 volt bulb work? I tried a simple 12 volt test light and got no blinks at all.

Comment

Did you have the ignition key ON when you tried it?

-Mike

Comment

Working...
            X