No announcement yet.

Reverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok found my 115AETO engine is an early model 1984. Got parts for shift rod, new part stainless steel, and shift rod bracket was also cracked and new gasket. Total cost was $99 for shift rod, $19 for bracket, and $45 for gasket. Removed powerhead in about 30min, no stuck bolts, was able to leave all wiring & fuel lines attached just moved to the side. Taking apart was not bad but putting powerhead back on without messing gasket was tough. You need to stick your gasket to powerhead so 2 front bolts won't cut your gasket when lowering powerhead to intermediate housing. This also is easier with a second hand helping lower powerhead while you stick the bolts into place. It would be very difficult aligning up by yourself. Anyway total time was about 2 hours.
    Thanks
    Vince Gonzalez

Comment

Since I started this thread and it just took off I wanted to ask one more question from my original post. With the motor off and shifter in reverse the prop can be turned backwards or forwards and makes a clunking sound. With the shifter in forward gear the prop will not turn by hand (freely anyway). Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
      X