Yamaha 150 OB Hurricane Deck Boat Won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 150 OB Hurricane Deck Boat Won't start

I have a 2006 Hurricane SD217 Deck boat with Yamaha 150 OB 4 stroke. Recently the boat would not start (no sound), and Yamaha OB would not tilt from engine or gear shift trip switch. Tried everything. Put charger on, after 15 minutes it would start. Happened again a week later. Put charger on again and after a while it started. Took battery back to dealer and got a replacement battery. Hooked it up. Power trip worked for a second, then tried to start engine, would not start. Cleaned battery cables, checked engine fuses, still no power to battery. Tried battery switch (like a Perko) in battery 1, 2 and both positions with same result. The switch appears to be jumpered to work from all but OFF position. Horn, and other accessories appear to work. The ignition switch was loose and turning the entire unit every time I turned the key until I got it tight enough with the help of a lock washer and spacer from the dealer. However, when ignition is turned to first position, I hear a low click=click=click noise under the dash. Could the switch be interferring with engine start and tilt on engine itself. Help please. RogWin
    RogWin

sounds like something is draining your battery pretty fast. try this simple test. take off the ground wires on the battery. hook one up at a time looking for a spark. if one does cause a spark, trace it to the source. is it powering something on your boat? the only thing that should power the motor is the main battery cable from the motor. if the boat ground sparks then something on your boat is drawing power. narrow it down by isolating what the wire feeds a ground to.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
    X