VX225 no spark in #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VX225 no spark in #6

My VX225 has lost the spark on #6. I have changed the spark plugs, #6 is always wet but never shows any sign of a spark, spark plug wire, and ECU with no change. I have cleaned O2 sensor and checked all connections. Motor was running fine most of the day. Started to get on plane and it coughed and skipped similar to a plug fouling but would not and still won’t, get above 4600 RMP under load. There is no back fire or coughing like a misfire. All other cylinders are working fine except #6. Any suggestions?

check your bottom fuel pump, sounds like a busted diaphram. you dont need a whole fuel pum, just a diaphram if it is busted. its not that hard to fix.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

A little confused….. how would the lower lift pump that just pumps fuel into the high pressure fuel pump cause the #6 spark plug from firing? Maybe a little more info on my part this is on a 2002 EFI and there is absolutely no spark to #6. When the spark plug is pulled it has fuel on it but shows no sign of firing. Looks brand new but wet.

Comment

is it just not hitting on #6 or actually has no fire? how are you testing it? if the diaphram is busted pretty bad it will allow lots or raw fuel into the cyl. and wet foul the plug and will not run on that cyl.
        Michael Babuchna

Comment

Same as Slim. Have you tried hooking up a timing light to the plug wire to see that it is firing?
          2000 Wellcraft 270 Coastal Tournament Edition
          Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

Working...
          X