Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop question

94 skeeterwith a 200 prov
    When I am alone 1/2tanksfuelTheboatjumpsout of the water fine.
    If I fillmy live wellsand addan anglerIt bogs downon acceleration.Should I change proporlookat something else.
    Scott Lewis,Gary Yamamoto Custom baits, StayNCharge systems, Bassmedics, Savephace

What RPM's are getting at full throttle? What pitch prop do you have?
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

23 pitch 5700-6000
      Scott Lewis,Gary Yamamoto Custom baits, StayNCharge systems, Bassmedics, Savephace

Comment

That's a pretty tall prop, a lower pitch would make it come out of the water with a load much better but your not going to go as fast on top end and you would have to watch it for over-revving.
        You could also try a four bladed prop, they are supposed to make it not bog down as much during take-off.
        They also have variable pitch props that start out low and gradually change to a higher pitch, they are the real answer, but they are expensive.

Comment

At 5700/6000 you are propped pretty well. I would not drop pitch. Does all the added weight go to the back of the boat (aft)? If so try starting out with the trim inward. I ran a 23 laser on a V6 merc, ran 5800 RPM. With a heavy load 5400/5500, not bad. With a deep-water start slalom skier (myself 190lbs) we needed to be trimmed in quite a bit. The laser was able to develop enough power (RPMs) to get me up pretty quick with medium load. This prop had large exhaust ventilation slots that allowed the prop to slightly ventilate exhaust at start up to get out of the hole quickly. Once on plane no more ventilation. I really liked that prop. Great all around performance.

Good luck

jon

Comment

Working...
          X