Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha missing cylinders

i have continuation of a problem which i thought
    for a fuel problem (you can check my last posts ).

but now it seems that i miss the source of the problem and it looks like one of those frustrate electrical problem .

cutting-off the plugs will show:
    cylinder #1 very very weak and stay wet .
    cylinder #2 responding little strong then #1 .
    cylinder #3 will almost shut the engine (very strong ) .

on my last post "jb123" suggest that i swap my coils i did so and a number of other checks .

clean carb
    Compression check , 120 all 3
    Swaped plugs, coils
    the no #1 plug will always stay wet and the other plugs like i described .
    i know thet it looks like pulser coil or cps sensor or charg coil or cdi unit but
    what is the right order or way to check them .
    Noam N

I read over all the post and the ignition test are in the service manual that Hamfisted sent you. You mentioned backfires in one of your posts. Usually backfires are a result of a lean fuel condition. Are you sure the low speed circuit of carbs are clean? Also check to make the carb linkage is syncronized and pilot screws are set as per service manual.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

many times, and people will mistake fuel issues for electrical issues.
      rev your motor up to maybe 1k rpms, use a spray bottle of gas, spray into each carb throat and listen for any rpm change, orr use your finger in each carb throat to simulate choking to find your culprit.i hav had to clean my carbs up to 3 times to get them right.

Comment

found it !!!

the lower cylinder coil was the reason for the problem .
        the lower coil that gave the strongest spark was the problem while i thought that the upper cylinder which was lean causing the problem.

after i recheck the fuel system and carb one by one like suggested here.
        i started to replace the electrical parts according to what i have in my warehouse and i had few ignition coils, surprising the lower one was it .
        thank's everyone .
        Noam N

Comment

Working...
        X