fuel management senders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel management senders

hi guys got my boat rigged and every thing works but i notice that the senders on the furel management are leaking a little bit after i prime the bulbs i used brass male fittings to barb connectors with the proper thread patter and i wrapped them in teflon and tighted down but they are leaking and one have any ideas is this common from the begging or does it have something to do with the bulbs being pumped thanks for your help

No, they should not leak. Make sure you use the Yellow fuel resistant teflon tape, not the white. The primer bulb should be on the outlet side of the fuel flow sender plumbing. If the leaks persist you need to re-inspect the fittings because something else is wrong.

-Mike

Comment

you should have some sort of sealer on there with the teflon tape. the order should be fuel tank, primer bulb, filter, flow sensors, then motor. did you tighten them up enough?
      Michael Babuchna

Comment

Per the installation instructions (and service bulletins....) from Racor, the installation order is Tank > Racor Assembly > Flow Sender > Primer Bulb > Motor.

-Mike

Comment

if you do hook it up like hamfisted said, just keep in mind whenever you go to install a new filter or you take it off to dump it, your gonna have to fill it back up with gas or gas and oil(depending on your motor) or you will never get it to prime up with the bulb. thats why i put it before the filter. if your tank has that much trash in it to clog up your primer bulb, you better be cleaning it out.
          Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
          X