Running Rough (missing bad )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Rough (missing bad )

Need some help please ! I have 1988 150 and took it out this past weekend and ran great all day until the end of the day when I noticed I lost RPM's. Sitting still it would idle then die. I have a fuel filter installed before the fuel water seperator. I would give the fuel ball a couple of squeezes and would get it running until I hit the ramp and then it wouldn't start. Pulled the seperator and very little water in it. Did notice that my oil tank had become empty under the cover. ( I know, stupid ! ) Pulled plugs and looks like all where firing prior to this event. Checked bowls on carbs to see if salt water had maded it in and it looked good. Just had the carbs. rebuilt due to water in tank that had gotten into the carbs. Any help would be greatly be appreciated.

rabalo,
    If it has been at least five years since you replaced the fuel pump(s), I would do it.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thank you for the advice !

Comment

no oil and loss of rpms... are you doing a test ???

Comment

I filled tank ASAP and didn't run it til I got home and primed bowls after checking everything and she fired up right off the bat. Still is missing though.

Comment

have you tried resyncing your carbs?
            Michael Babuchna

Comment

Resyncing carbs. ? Sorry, but I don't understand what this would be.

Comment

its where you syncronize all the butterfly's to open at the same time. it will cause a rough idle if not done. refer to a service manual for the procedure.
                Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
                X