X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did you resync the carbs?
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

Never did that. How do you do that? I just put the linkage back the way it was. How do you do the re-sync? BTW, running like a different motor. Thanks
      2000 Wellcraft 270 Coastal Tournament Edition
      Twin 2000 200 OX-66

Comment

ok this is how you resync the carbs. back the idle screw off till it does not touch the carb linkage. its the little flat spot that the screw touches. you will see a link rod going from the control arm to the cam. disconnect it off the cam and roll the cam back so it does not touch the cam roller. there is a screw on each of the carbs on the same side of the motor as the control arm. it is on the shafts that the butterfly's are on. you need to loosen these screws on the top and bottom carbs only about one full turn. these screws are reverse threads and are also spring loaded. so your going to loosen and retighten. with your left hand, take the link rod you disconected above and move it to touch the cam roller. there is a arrow on the cam and the cam roller should start to move when the arrow is at the center of the cam roller. if not. adjust the same screw as on the top and bottom carbs so the arrow does line up with the roller then tighten. reconnect the link rod. turn idle screw in till it contacts the carb linkage plus 1-2 turns. usually the cam roller will barely lift off the cam at this point. start engine and adjust idle to 800 in neutral. this should do it. if the cam roller(which is on the #2carb linkage) has a flat spot on it, you need to replace it before doing anything. it will just pop straight off. i use a pair of needle nose behind it and pry. it will pop right off. if you cant understand any of this, let me know and i will try to send you the page out of the manual.
        Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
        X