2004 90 2s bad starter relay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 90 2s bad starter relay?

a few months ago I thought that I had a bad ground because the starter would turn over intermittently, sometimes to get it going I had to jump the ground from the battery to the starter, I pulled the connections off the batteries and cleaned the terminals which were not bad at all, after putting everything back together, everything has worked fine for the past few months. Yesterday, it started again, this time with a clicking sound near the relay, this time the trim would not even work. Once again with me jumping the ground it worked once then it didn,t, I even tried tried to hot juump the starter, that didn't work either, then I tried the ground again and it worked, then the rest of the day stopped and sterted about 10 times with no problem, does anybody have any ideas ?
    thank you in advance

sounds like the ground in your battery cables is getting bad. move the wires around on the outside of the hoodpan and if you hear a cracking sound coming from them, replace them. if you cant do this, check voltage at battery and starter both while turning the started over with the key. notice for a big voltage diff. if there is a big diff., the cables are still bad. hope this helps.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
    X