Swamped '95 C115 ideas needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamped '95 C115 ideas needed

I went away for 3 weeks and my boat swamped. The motor was tilted up so just the carbs and starter were under water. The water did not get up to the CDI but the coils under the flywheel look like they got wet. I replaced the starter and rebuilt the carbs. I did a compression test and the cyls are at ~125. I put all the stuff back together and I can only get the motor to run for about 15 seconds after quite a bit of cranking. I suspected the fuel pump so I hooked a tank of good gas directly to the carbs, kept pressure on the bulb and still the same thing. BTW the boat swamped in brackish water.

hopefully you blew as much water out of the cylinders as possible, then i would run double or triple x the oil to lube the bearings. as for the electrical i dont think rinsing with water then a protectant would hurt either.similar post within the last week, you should look at that post. you should also open up your fuel pump(s) and clean them also. if your boat went under also is your gas tank and OIL tank waterfree? i learned that lesson years ago.

Comment

Working...
    X