Fuel gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge not working

Could any one send me a copy of the installation and wiring diagrams for the digital multifunction speedometer and the digital multifunction fuel management gauges.I have a 2000 150HP OX66 and the fuel gauge always stays at one bar below full.

Thats probably the fuel sender. Disconnect the Pink wire(the wire in center of sender) from fuel sender at gas tank. The fuel gauge should go to empty, if it does then check fuel sender.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have a 226SF Worldcat with a pair of 2001 Yamaha, F115, with Yamaha digital multifunction gauges, the fuel gauge is always flashing empty, I have filled both tanks so I know for sure there is fuel in the tanks. Does anyone have any idea what I should do to fix the problem as I would like to have a working fuel gauge ?
      Thanks

Comment

McKinley check for corrosion on the fuel tank sender contacts, where the wires connect. Clean off any that you find.

DreamCatcher find your fueltank sending unit (top of the fuel tank somewhere...) and disconnect the hot and ground wire and with the key ON short them together, the fuel gauge should go to full. If it does then you have a defective sending unit in the tank and need to replace it. I recommend the Centroid electronic sending units, but you can use the same cheap junk that came in it again if you want to, and face the same problem in another few years.

-Mike

Comment

Mike,
          Thanks for the reply, I will check as you directed.
          Thanks,
          John

Comment

Working...
          X