Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilts up by themselves

Hi all!
    I am having a problem with the 2 1998 Yamaha Seawater Series. For some reason they are both tilting up by themselves. I have a 704 Bi-Control, the switches on the left lever has not been working for some time, but the independent switches are working fine. I have to shut the battery switches off, b/c i can hear the tilt motor still on... what should i do? do you think it is the controler or something else?

Thanks,
    Luis
    Luis

HI, You say that bolth motors are going up all by themselves, that would indicate that the switch in the control is shorted out,The one that controls bolth motors at the same time, or the wireing is shorted. More than likely the switch is shorted, even though you say that it has not been working for a while. Disconnect the switch where it plugs into the harness that goes back to the motors, turn the batteries on, and see if the trim motors are stoped, or running. If they are stoped, the problem is in the switch in the control that controls bolth motors at the same time. If they are still running, the problem is in the harness or related wireing, but most likely the switch is bad. Go to the exploded view of the control on this website,or your shop manuel, it will show a exploded view of the control and all it's parts. You can order a new suitch, from this website.
    I hope that this helps, Dennis

Comment

Working...
    X