replaces gauges for a '98 250 hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaces gauges for a '98 250 hp

To replace the gauges is it as simple as buying them on e-bay and plugging them in? The current ones work but the LED's are shot. What should I look for? Thanks.

if you DO buy on ebay watch out for the remaunfactured ones.. insist on a photo of the actual gauge and harness in back and ensure it has the correct colors.and yes, the beauty of yamaha, plug n play.

Comment

thanks for the heads up!

Comment

no uppy, it is not as simple as that. yamaha has started using the same guages for all there motors, 2 and 4 stroke. new guages have tiny dip switches in the back to switch from 2 or 4 stroke, different pole settings for different motors and one other to change display units(mph/kph). they should come with a tag in the box to show you how to set them. hope this helps.
        Michael Babuchna

Comment

Slim,

It does help. The gauges that are offered here specify earlier motor years, which cover my motor. One more question, can you keep the existing harness and just flip out the gauge or do you have to replace the entire harness?

Comment

if you use a new guage, you need to get a new harness. on a new one you get both the oil and trim harness in one. on the older guages, they are seperate. the plugs are different but i cant remember exactly when they changed the plugs.
            Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
            X