Engine Oil Leak 115 four stroke 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil Leak 115 four stroke 2003

I just purchased a used boat with a 115 Four Stroke and i have been noticing oil around the motor in the watereverytime i shut the engine off. Well i took a closer look today and after removing the motor cover i could see engine oil in the base of the motor. The filler cap is tight, the dip stick isn't leaking and the drain plug is tight. Anyone ever have a problem like this . I would appreciate some info. Thank You

sorry for the repeats.....everytime i clicked on
    add topic it told me there was a error...sorry

Comment

gunk it,run it and watch and see where it comes from...let us know.

Comment

what do you mean by gunk it??

Comment

griz, if you cant see any oil leaking anywhere on the powerhead, the oil pump seal is leaking. they have since changed the seal configuration on the oil pump. to replace it, the powerhead has to be removed. it is not a job for a beginner. good luck
          Michael Babuchna

Comment

hey guys....i decided to pull th boat out of the water and take a look myself. When i removed the lower cowling i noticed a bolt around 5 inches long lying inside. This is one opf the bolts that supports the oil pan. One other bolt was ready to fall out. I torqued all the bolts and have no problem now. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

Comment

the bolt you found is a powerhead bolt and not a oil pan bolt. you have to tear the whole motor leg apart to get to the oil pan. even though you might have fixed the problem, you need to keep a close eye on it.
              Michael Babuchna

Comment

Working...
              X