Engine Oil Leak 115 four stroke 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Oil Leak 115 four stroke 2003

I just purchased a used boat with a 115 Four Stroke and i have been noticing oil around the motor in the watereverytime i shut the engine off. Well i took a closer look today and after removing the motor cover i could see engine oil in the base of the motor. The filler cap is tight, the dip stick isn't leaking and the drain plug is tight. Anyone ever have a problem like this . I would appreciate some info. Thank You

I used to have a 2002 F115 that it was possible to overfill the crankcase. The mark on the dipsticks are not accurate. It seemed like 1/2qt low was the normal oil level. Anything more than that ended up dripping down the outside of the exhaust housing and onto my driveway.

DB

Comment

I had a similar oil discharge with my '04 F115. It turned out to be a faulty valve cover CASTING.... not a gasket. The aluminum casting had a few pinholes in it that would let the hot oil pass thru and leak onto the base and eventually out the weep holes into the water at the dock. Some quality-control there !!!

Comment

it could be your driveshaft seal

Comment

Well i too had this same problem,and had no solution.But now its fine and running good.
          [URL="http://www.incarparts.com"]Truck Accessories[/URL]

Comment

Working...
          X