spark plug for 2001 150 vmax hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug for 2001 150 vmax hpdi

Maybe someone can help me, I currently use the recommended NKG plug # BKR6EKU. When searching on sparkplug.com they give me to options for my engine type. IE: VZ150TLR (to 800711) use BKR6EIX-11, VZ150TLR (to 800712) use BKR6EKU.
    My question is, are the two interchangeable?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
    DANO

why would you want to use any other plug than the one recomended by the maunfacturer ? if you go to some auto parts stores you can get them for $1.50.

Comment

I wish that was the case. These are specialty plugs not carried by many auto parts or marine supply stores. They go for about 5 and change.
      What I want to know is, are the plugs interchangeable? What is the difference between 800711 and 800712. I dont even know what that means.

Comment

most probably a temp difference that I MYSELF wouldnt chance a 4k powerhead with.

Comment

Dan that is the serial number on the motor that NGK references, of a mid-year production change. Its a from/to on the serial numbers you mention, and it involved the installation of dual electrode "EKU" plugs to help improve performance. Use whatever plug is on the chin-cowling sticker. Most likely the "EKU" dual electrode plug. The other plug you mention is NGK's top of the line Iridium plug (although only single electrode...) that is more suited to automobiles than outboards and would be a waste of money. But yes, the two plugs are physically interchangeable.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, I was hoping you would chime in. I had no hits on the other forum.
            DANO

Comment

Working...
            X