oil injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil injection

I have a 2004 90 hp,the #1 cly.loses oil from the clear tube going to the carb.The dealer said
    this is normal that line is for mediun to fast rpms.After a couple of minutes oil is pumped to this line.It looks to me this is the olny oil the motor gets,or is there injection point somewere i cant see? thanks for any insight litehook

The oil lines going from oil pump to intake manifold should never be out of oil. Put oil in gas tank, 50:1 premix until you are sure it's working properly. Check the inline one way check valves in oil line, it may allowing oil to leak past. If check valve is ok then replace oil pump and check valves.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Are the oil injection lines between the pump and the engine supposed to be clear? The lines on my 1990 150 are black. Is this wrong?
      Thanks
      19.6' Predator, 90(?) Yamaha 150 ETLD, Stock in every way, Water pressure Gauge, Runs great, Lots of PM, Salt water operation. Aircraft mechanic..

Comment

They are clear lines but will become stained overtime. They will get so that you can't see through them.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Hello,

The lines (3 of them) between my pump and engine on a 90HP are painted Yamaha blue... Appear to be clear after the check valve, but very hard to see... Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
          X