1000 to dearler and problem still not fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 to dearler and problem still not fixed

As I posted earlier I was towed in from off shore and had gas pour out of the lower unit when I tilted the motor up. We all agreed that it was the fuel pumps. I ordered and installed three new fuel pumps . By the way the motor is the 225 sws. Anyway the motor started right up. When I took it for a test run at 1800 rpms it would bog down. I replaced the water filter with a 10 micron. Still Know good. Called a mechanic he checked out a few things called me back and said I would need a certified Yamaha mechanic that has all the proper electronic equipment. Her's what they did and the moter still doesn't run right.Ran boat decabed engine found engine was loosing fuel pressure removed and kleened screen on high pressure pump got it up to 4200 decarbed o2 sensor replaced knock sensor ran at 5500 rpms but dropped to 5000 checked coiles and injectors OK 1000.00 and don't know what the problem is. I personnelly spoke to the mechanic and he seems to think its electrical. He also advised me to replace all the fuel lines witch I did this weekend but that didn't help. He also told me that the vacum gage was reading high at 5 I hope someone out there can help me with this problem I'm missing valuable fishing time. Thanks in advance I love this site.

your sensor was CLEANED but was it tested.

http://www.boatsetup.com/O2sensor.pdf

Comment

jb The machanic that performed all the work told me he had a good sensor I could borrow. So this weekend I will try and let you know what happens. Can you think of anything else it could be.

Comment

did he vacuum test the fuel lines at the motor filter and it was 5 lbs ? im not sure if that IS high but you may want to try an auxillary tank and CHECK to see if maybe you have a filter screen in your pickup tube, restriction flow.

Comment

Working...
        X