2005 F115TXRD submerged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 F115TXRD submerged

I recently pickup a 2005 F115TXRD that was submerged back in 11/05. Based on my eval of the machine. I'm looking at $2000 minimum on part from iBoats to get this running. It had less than a 100 hrs usage before taking a dive. At this point, I'm not sure to invest more money in it or search for another unit. Thank you for your replies. Aloha.

Hello,
    I believe the first thing you need to determine Was it sumerged in Salt water? is the Engine Frozen? If so, can it be free up up with penitrating Fluid and oils? Even then there may be damage the cylinder walls. Also damaged to electrical systems and carbs will need to be cleaned. When I was a kid I had a 1957 Evenrude 30HP. It sunk in fresh water, under water a few days. I was able to get it running perfectly again with minimal effort. It was a much simpler engine. Good Luck

Comment

TY for the reply
      It was submerged in saltwater but immediatly drained and washed down with salt-away. It's currently in pieces and internally is very clean with no corrosion on the hardware. Some major problem are a bent con rod, engine control unit, rectifier/regulator and base assembly with corroded/broken connections. And I'm not to comfortable with the wire harness because of corrosion. Is it still worth it? Also, because of it's swim....i figure Yamaha's warranty is void at this point...correct?

aloha

Comment

Hi, Bent rod means it was running when it went down... or attempted to start while sill filled with some water, not good. Tough one for you sort out. Perhaps others will have ideas.

jon

Comment

yes, if one rod is compromised...all may be...just as important are all of the bearings and carriers.if you ONLY have 2-3 k in it then should be worth it and I think you can get the parts cheaper here on boats.net, best prices ive found.

Comment

thanks for the reply

I agree. I been searching for parts this whole month and boats.net has the best prices.

Comment

Working...
            X