90hp alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90hp alarm

last weekend while out fishing, I was coming back to ramp and the horn went off and the rpm's dropped to about 2000, was able to idle back the last 1ooyards or so back to ramp, yes had water coming out of pee hole, pulled boat out and found my water intake screens were clogged with muck, cleaned it out and when I used it today it will only get up to 2000rpm's at wot, I did check the water pump and it is fine, could some stuff have gotten in and clogged the thermostat? not sure where to start on this one

also, I can get the rpm's up in neutral, could the safty in the computor be stuck, if I disconnect the battery will that reset it?

Comment

mossboss,
      Is the alarm still going off ?
      There is nothing to be "reset" on the CDI as far as I know.
      The thermostat is fairly easy to get to - remove the 'stat cover and then pull out the 'stat. It may be clogged up or stuck. Pretty easy to clean and test in a pan of heated water with thermometer. Should be fully open (approx 0.120 inches) at 140 degrees f.
      Also, if your motor is still overheating, need to check the pressure control valve, aka poppit valve. It can get stuck open with debris and dump cooling water out the relief holes before it has a chance to cool motor.
      Even though you are getting a "pee-stream", the water pump may be weak. If it is at least three years old, I would do a pump repair/kit.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X