Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 150 constant alarm

Hey,
    I bought a hewes lt20 with a 1994 yamaha 150. When I got the boat I started it to ensure it ran reasonably well, and then pulled the motor to paint the boat. Now that I have it back together the alarm refuses to stop buzzing while it runs. I have a full tank of oil, and I have checked the temp of the heads with an infrared thermometer. Neither of these seem to be the problem from what I can tell. The other curious thing is that the tach which worked fine before now is blank. Sometimes when I start it all of the digital bars flash but then turn off and the screen is blank (though the backlighting remains on). So I know that the tach is getting power but is not working quite right. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
    Torr

Check your harness plugs and make sure everything is plugged into the correct connections. The harness wiring is color coded so it should be fairly obvious. It sounds like your connections are wrong and the overheat wire is grounded out giving you the overheat alarm. What year is the motor?

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X