HELP ! Intermittent Power Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ! Intermittent Power Loss

I live in New York on Long Island and live with the additive ethanol in my gas.

I have a 2002 150 HPDI in a 2002 Grady White. I installed a Racor filter last year under the advise of the local Yamaha dealer. I changed both the Racor filer and the fuel filter attached to the engine before I launched the boat this spring.

Last week I filled up my gas tank and added Ring Free and Stabil fuel stabilizer. I used the boat for 3 hours fishing and cruising with no problem. This weekend however I started to get a loss of power for a second or two as I would power up. This only happens intermittently. It doesn't stall out it just loses about 1/2 the rpms and then picks up on it own.It been happening between 3000 and 3800 rpm. After it happens if I open the throttle all the way the motor runs like a champ without a hitch.

I drained the fuel from the bowl in the racor filter and let it sit overnight and it's clear with no trace of water, gel, or dirt.

Anyone ever have this problem and how did you remedy it?

Thanks in advance for any help ..............Joe

Joe,
    I believe your model Yammie has a filter in the fuel vapor separator tank that needs to be cleaned on a regular basis.
    Also, I believe your model has an O2 sensor that needs to be cleaned.
    The procedure for both should be outlined in the Yamaha shop manual - I would give it to you, but I've never done it, as my little C115 is a pre-mix without all the "bells-and-whistles" [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    Good luck,
    Ken K

Comment

Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I've been very busy so I'm having motor checked out this week by a Yammie mechanic. After talking to other HPDI owners and doing some research having the mechanic check it out will hopefully save me time, energy and some $$$ ......... if he pinpoints it right away.

Thanks again ...........Joe

Comment

Working...
      X