Fuel gauge doesn't read at slow speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge doesn't read at slow speed

I have twin 1998 250hp OX66 fuel injected motors with Yamaha gauges. The gauges don't register fuel consumption at *****ing speeds below 10kts. Is there an adjustment other than the 1-3% adjustment on the back of the gauge? Should I be looking at the relay, hoses, or something different?

you mean on your fuel management gauge...mine does the same thing..i would GUESS there may be a air pocket/bubble slowing or not allowing the spinner inside the sensor to turn or as we`d expect. mine are installed at a high point in the lines and might allow for an air pocket. i have cleaned mine before but if you pump the ball or rev it it registers right away.if you get it figured out please post your fix for us !

Comment

JB123...are your bulbs mounted before or after the sensor? According to the rigging book, the configuration should be tank-filter-sensor-bulb-motor. My set up has the bulb between the tank and filter but before the sensor and I'm wondering if that's allowing air bubble and causing a false read.

Comment

i would have to look but i REALLY dont see how it would make a difference, if there WAS no air bubble, flow is flow, but im no expert. i have had to mess with mine many times, cleaning , troubleshooting but this issue i havent yet resolved.

Comment

Working...
        X