No announcement yet.

Recirculation system causing problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recirculation system causing problems?

From my previous postings: 2002 130 2 stroke, bogging issues, starting issues, new plugs, shock treated, checked fuel filter, primer bulb, choke settings. I now discovered an oil or oil/fuel mix leak when I pulled the cover off the motor. The slick is all over the painted area on the bottom of the inside. It not coming from the powerhead though, but it tough to tell where its coming form. Though theres not a huge visible leak, I have the manual and it states the recirc. sys. problems "cause the motor run rough, slow down, and stall. These symptoms occur at slow speeds because fuel does not collect at high speeds." "faulty recirc. sys. bogs if accelerated after idling for extended time." THESE ARE EXACTLY MY PROBLEMS.

BUMPED POST MESSAGE BUTTON....

Bogging is back, big time but only after idling for several minutes.

Anyways, I have yet to break down the carbs, but these bogging/starting/idling problems are almost exclusivly after I've been out on the water for extended runs/restarts.

Anybody had recirc. problems?

I know the manual say flooding carbs can cause these symptoms too, but I think its strange its only when the engine is hot/several restarts over the course of a day.

Comment

thr recirc comes from the 2 hoses going back to the airbox. pull those and watch during operation. 1 for oil, 1 for gas. if your having an oil issue, such as overfilling the main tank, it will runoff into the airbox and then be burned... same with gas. so you need to find out which one it is then why.

Comment

Working...
      X