Only getting 3/4 throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only getting 3/4 throttle

Last week I had the trim switch replaced on the throttle handle. Yamaha covered it under warranty (2004 Scout 185 Dorado)because they said they'd been having some problems with those switches. New switch works great, but now I can only rev up to 3/4 throttle when the handle is as far as it will go. Of course, I will take it back to the shop who replaced the switch, but I am leaving for a trip in 2 days and am not sure if they'll get to me in time. If its an easy fix, I'd rather fix it myself, but I don't want to get into a complicated adjustment.

Bayer,
    I think that I would check the connection at the motor. Put the remote handle in neutral, and loosen the connection at the motor where the throttle linkage attaches to the carb linkage.
    This should "zero" everything out. Re-tighten connection and then see if full throttle on the handle opens carb linkage all the way.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Thanks for your reply. It turned out to be the trim switch wire. You have to wrap it around the spool inside the handle just the right way or it binds and restricts movement of the handle. The mechanic and I did it about 3 times before we finally had it loose enough not to bind.

Comment

Working...
      X