ethanol gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ethanol gas

Can anyone tell me why you can not mix regular gas with the new ethanol gas? I was told to run my regular gas down as low as possible, but not to the bottom because it would suck up debris. Also to change the easter separation filters to 10 microns. I own twin 225 hp yamahas.

drfish,
    Take a look at this article link:

http://www.boatus.com/news/e10_0706.htm

Evidently the MTBE in regular oxygenated fuel will react with ethanol and produce a sticky sludge that can mess up the fuel system.
    So, it appears that it would be better to burn as much of the old fuel as possible before introducing an ethanol blended fuel into your fuel system.
    After you switch to an ethanol blend, don't be switching back and forth to the old MTBE blend.
    As far as running down to the bottom and picking up debris - bunch of baloney! Your fuel pickup in the main tank is already on the bottom - DUH [img]tongue.gif[/img] !!!
    It would be a good idea to install a 10 micron fuel filter/water separator in the fuel line. The ethanol is gonna dissolve particles in the fuel system that the gasoline has not already.
    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X