replaced fuel pumps can't get rpms 98 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replaced fuel pumps can't get rpms 98 225

I posted a few days a go, that I broke down and had to be towed in. I replaced the fuel pumps as you suggested, I also replaced the fuel filter, with a ten micron,and also changed the sqeeze ball. The motor started perfectly like new but when I went to give it gas it would bog down. Runs great at idle speed. The ball does get soft. The motor is a 225 sws hpdi 1998. Had a mechanic look at it, don't know what he did but he said he can't figure it out and told me it would have to be put on a computor to analize the problem. Can anyone help

Charles,
    If your primer bulb is getting soft or collapsing after running a while, then there is a restriction from there on back to the fuel tank. Maybe faulty anti-siphon valve or crimped vent hose.
    When the motor boggs down, try squeezing the bulb several times. If the rpms pick up, then you still have a problem with fuel delivery - maybe the intermediate fuel pump, which I believe is electrical.
    Also, have you cleaned the filter that is inside the vapor separator tank?
    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

HPDI ?? are you sure ? must be efi and check as ken stated the vapor tank filter.
      have you pulled each plug wire when running to check for non-firing cylinders?
      next i would disconnect each injector and listen for any change there also.
      what is the level of the motor fuel filter when the issue occurs?

Comment

Working...
      X