Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha outboard help...

Hello,

Recently purchased a Yamaha 2002 115 hp 4 stroke. It is some model that was made for Eurpoe, but is the same as the US F115 model.

I have the outboard connected to Yamaha 703 controls. Outboard runs great and shifts well. I would like to now add gauges to the outboard. I am unsure if Yamaha makes a wiring harness for the gauges and if so then which gauges are best for the outboard.

Any help/guidance is appreciated.

Hi Leon,

I am sure Yamaha makes a harness for Gauges for this outboard. Probebly the same for many models. For starters I would go for a Tachometer, water pressure, oil pressure, maybe temp as well. Many other qauges are available as well. Good luck

Jon

Comment

I broke down and bought a Yamaha Digital multi function Tach and rigging kit. Now my new problem...tach works fine. Trim is not correct. I am not sure about the oil pressure or temp warning lights.

The harness has four wires that go to the controls. All are connected. The blue wire is only a wire that is not connected into the gauge.

I also have a four pin connector that goes from the engine to the gauge. One the harness there are two wires. One is red and one is black. All I can find on the engine side is a similar connector with a pink and a pink/black wire. Only one wire would make the connection (since the black is connected to a dead terminal).

I am pretty disappointed since I made sure to buy a genuine Yamaha multifunction gauge, control, and harness.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Working...
      X