1988 F115 water outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 F115 water outlet

I've noticed that I no longer have a steady stream of water from the water outlet port. Does this mean water pump replacement is necessary?

probably clogged, i use a heavy gauge momofilament line to clear mine. just insert into the outlet and try to clear that way. if not, follow hose and try at the next connection. hopefully if your pump was bad, your buzzer would sound.
    And `88 F 115? are you sure?
    maybe `98 ? or c-115? i thought the f desig was for 4 strokes.

Comment

Dan,
      When my water pump pilot hole, aka pee-stream, tell-tail, gets clogged up, I just disconnect the hose from the plastic nipple that snaps into the lower cowling. Then I tape the hose to the lower cowling so that it points downward, and then run the motor with the earmuffs to make sure a good stream is coming out the hose. If so, then clean out the nipple connection. If not, then do as jb recommended and follow the hose to the engine block and remove and clean out there.
      You might want to consider installing a water pressure gauge. It is the best indicator of water pump performance. With it, you don't care what the "pee-stream" is doing.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Thanks Ken and JB. I'll try cleaning out the line first before proceeding with the water pump kit that I,ve already picked up. I'm sure it will come in handy sometime. I do have a water pressure gauge and it reads 5-10 at idle and around 20 or so on plane.

Comment

Working...
        X