Oil injection Yellow light stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil injection Yellow light stuck!

Hello All, Need Help with oil injection!

I have recently purchased a 1989 90 HP on a 17 ft Boston whaler, seems to be running fine and getting oil, light smoking and slightly oily plugs. Oil Tank is full, but the yellow indicator stays on. The dealer I purchased this from is at a loss.... although they are trying to help. They emptied and cleaned the tank, cleaned a filter, and replaced the sensor. Also ran new wires to the gauge from the sensor. Unfortunately, they are new to Yamaha and have been mainly selling 4 Stokes. We all thought that this was an oil problem because the red indicator and audible alarm would go off after about 15 minutes.

Turns out that a piece of an old impeller was stuck in the water tube. That was fixed the alarm issue, telling us that it was the temp sensor setting off the alarm, but the warning would also set off the red alarm indicator... The operators guide states that only an audible alarm would go off for the temp warning, not the red indicator. Could wires be crossed or connected improperly? What can I check next?

thx Jon

you should be able to simulate a full tank by removing the oil tank sensorS hold them upside down imitating full....what happens now?

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

The dealer has done this. Frist by drainig the tank, Cleaning the sensor, testing, and no change. Then repalced with a new sensore also no change... Because the red indicator was activated form the Temp sensor maybe something is connected worng. Please HELP!!

thx
      jon

Comment

Working...
      X