150 HPDI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 HPDI's

I'm seeing 2 stroke oil on both motors (the bracket mid sections...) It looks like a small stream leading from the pan about the main bearing. NOTHING is visible in the pan from the inside. Both motors are doing this. Can you help? I'm afraid if I keep running her without knowing the extent of the problem I could do some real damage...
    Bob

Bob,
    I was hoping someone with more experience with the HPDIs than I have would reply to you.
    I remember something about leaving the motors tilted up for a long period of time, the oil in the primary (on board) reservoir would leak out the vent hole . I thought about this since you are having the same problem with both motors.
    I also remember something about leaking check valves in the oil injection pump causing oil to leak out the air intake. But I would not think both motors would act up at the same time for this possibility.
    Try removing the hood and follow the oil line to the oil pump - then from there to the base of the air intake (?) and look for any leaks - run your finger around the back of all the hoses. Maybe pull the air intake silencer off and see if oil is pooling at the bottom.
    Maybe Hamfisted or jb can chime in here and help out - both of them have experience with the HPDIs.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

some motors have excess lines running from crankcase AND oil res to airbox for recirculation but im not sure if the hpdi`s do...my efi`s do. if theres excess oil from res, it wll end up in the airbox and can leak out onto pan. that COULD be whats happenin.... but i know it must be unnerving. wait for more replies.

Comment

Working...
      X