Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ken answer me befor,but some thing still dont understand ! please tell me more thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken answer me befor,but some thing still dont understand ! please tell me more thanks

Hi ken: thanks again for answer,but some thing i don't understand! can you tell more please
    what you mean those PLATES do not close completely ? you mean the choke? is it the one that i can control from the remote?also what you mean is(After motor has reached operating temp, then to STSRT JUST BUMP THE STARTER- SHOULD FIRE RIGHT UP if my carbs are in good shape.)haha im newbie dont understand! and the last question is can i clean up the carbs by my seft can how to do it? im an autobodyman,im ok to remove & restore parts,is any other tricks that i should know? im totally a newbie of outboard motor! please answer me and THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    RuNNeR

Runner,
    You have to remove the air intake silencer on the front of the carbs to observe the choke plates (butterfly valves) to see if they are closing completely when the choke is engaged.
    On my 2000 C115, I can engage the choke with either the remote switch at the console or the manual pull out knob on front of the motor.
    When you engage the choke, you want the plates to close completely from a horizontal position to a vertical position. Have someone engage the choke at the console while you look into the throats of the carbs. There should be no gap at the top or bottom of the plates. See if you can move the plates more by gently pushing on them with your finger - if you can, then they are not closing completely. Adjust the linkage to make them so.
    Also, check the manual choke knob and do the same for it.
    You should only have to choke the motor to start when it is cold. After it has run for a while and has warmed up fully, then to re-start, I just hit the starter switch without choking at all - no extra throttle either.
    Now, if it has been an hour or more since I shut the motor down, sometimes I have to choke it to get it restarted. Every carbed Yamaha 115 is different in this respect - you have to get to "know" you motor.
    If you want to tear down the carbs yourself, get a Yamaha shop manual to guide you along. Can order online at www.yamahapubs.com. It will pay for itself.
    The sponsor of this forum, boats.net, is a great source for parts, including carb kits.
    Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
    Ken K

Comment

Working...
    X