Z150HPDI TXRY - Alarm continuously on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z150HPDI TXRY - Alarm continuously on

The alarm came on before I lost the head gasket. Replaced Head gasket, alarm is still on, indicating low oil. Checked pump on resevoir tank, replaced oil injection sensor(not sure of name) on the bottle attached to engine. Alarm is still on. Engine starts perfectly, idles perfectly, but surges when in gear (automatic shutdown is activated). Cleaned O2 sensor, cleaned all filters, and checked and cleaned filter in high-pressure fuel pump.

while in gear, I can pick up speed to about 3200 RPM by pumping throttle, but only lasts a few seconds before cutting back down to 1800 RPM. Checked all visible wires with tester. Alarm still on.

Hooked engine up to computer. Response: check cables between engine and battery. Checked and replaced cable...alarm still on

I have been working on this problem for about two weeks. I hope someone can help.

Thanks

Earl Poole

where are your oil levels?
    as far as i know there are at least 5 sensors that will cause alarms:
    1 on each oil tank
    2 temp sensors
    1 if you have, water sensing seperator

you may want to check all harness ends for any corrosion.

Comment

Sounds a lot like a neutral safety switch problem. If you have the throttle in gear... You get that all time alarm you are talking about. Check the neutral safety switch at the engine...

Good luck.

R.
      Bob

Comment

The nice thing about the HPDI's is the ability to tell you what's wrong. Either take it to a Yamaha shop and have them plug the Yamaha Diagnostic System into the motor, or you can buy the YDS yourself and use your own laptop.
        If you replace a few parts unnecessarily you could pay for the YDS with the money you'll save.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X