How best to Remove F225 air intake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How best to Remove F225 air intake ?

I wish to do a de-carb on my F225 by spraying Deep Creep into the air intake while idling my F225. However, to do this properly, I need to remove the air intake cover (I can't get the spray "in" there with the cover on).

Has anyone done this? If so, how did you do it? Not sure where to begin... Thanks,
    Grady-White 330 Express

Jack it's a waste of time with that motor. You're not going to find the kind of carbon buildup that you do with the 2-stroke motors. You would be better served to run Sea Foam in your fuel tank on a regular basis to clean the injectors and fuel system that way. Just make sure you have a Racor filter installed in your fuel line. I'm pretty sure the Grady's come with one installed on the transom. I emailed you the manual for the motor so check your email.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

Thank-you very much.

I already use ring free, PRI-G and sea foam to the prescribed dosage when I do fill ups. I agree on the de-carb thing. I already have a Yamaha brand 20 micron fuel filter/water separator which I just changed at 98 hours. This engine is unbelievable. I pulled the plugs and sprayed a good amount of deep creep into the holes, put the old plugs in and 24 hours later, the beast started up instantly like always. Blew some smoke as it burned the deep creep but it seemed totally unnecessary. Of course I changed to a new set of plugs after that. Thanks for sending me the manula. I already have one. Cheers, Jack
      Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Mike,

Thank-you very much.

I already use ring free, PRI-G and sea foam to the prescribed dosage when I do fill ups. I agree on the de-carb thing. I already have a Yamaha brand 20 micron fuel filter/water separator which I just changed at 98 hours. This engine is unbelievable. I pulled the plugs and sprayed a good amount of deep creep into the holes, put the old plugs in and 24 hours later, the beast started up instantly like always. Blew some smoke as it burned the deep creep but it seemed totally unnecessary. Of course I changed to a new set of plugs after that. Thanks for sending me the manula. I already have one. Cheers, Jack
        Grady-White 330 Express

Comment

Working...
        X