2000 vx200tlry starting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 vx200tlry starting issue

This fuel injected motor starts just fine the first crank of the day but after it has ran for anytime at all it takes a few key turns to start.
    It also seems the hotter it is outside the worse it happens. Has a strong gas smell like it may be flooding. This has just began the last couple of trips. O2 sensor?

It may not be your O2 sensor. I have a 2002 that is doing the exact same thing. I had a yamaha tech look at, they replaced the O2 sensor and it still does it. I have been waiting for a week for an answer. Sure wish someone could figure it out.

Comment

howie and rooster,
      With a strong gas smell, I suspect possibly split diaphram in low pressure mechanical fuel pump(s) - there are three.
      You can remove the pumps and test them by blowing into them both ways - should be able to blow in direction of fuel flow, but not the other.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

Ken,
        Thanks for the advice. I printed off your response and took it to the Yamaha dealer. They checked it out and it was indeed the diaphram. Picking it up Friday and testing in on the Lake to see if that helps. Thanks Again.

Comment

howie,
          Thanks for the feedback [img]smile.gif[/img] .
          Let us know how the "Lake testing" comes out.
          Ken K

Comment

Ken,

Lake tested last Friday and fished a tournament Sunday. The motor started on the first turn of the key everytime, ran great. Thanks again.

Howie

Comment

Finally had time to check this out and it seems that this was the root of my problems as well.

THANKS GUYS!

Comment

Working...
              X