Waundering Front End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waundering Front End

Just get used to new 16ft Grew with a new 90 HP 4 stroke. At a slow idle speed on calm water nose of boat wanders gently left and right frequently constantly (about 8") without any steering input. Does anyone know what causes this? Not a big deal but annoying for sure.

Thanks In advance

Craig
    Craig

i dont think theres a cure unless you add a keel to your hull, is the hull bow-light witht that motor?

Comment

Craig,
      Is there any play in the steering?
      Can you move the motor by hand w/o the steering wheel moving?
      Also, check the trim tab just above the prop to make sure it is not loose.
      Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
      Ken K

Comment

I think it's fair to say the hull is bow light. The motor is every bit as much the max. you want on the 15ft 8" Grew. I will look closer at the idea of a drifting wheel at idle but I don't think it is - I assume this is why you want to know if motor turns easily. It's probably worth looking to see if the motor is wandering with no wheel movement but I doubt it is. Trim tab is solid tight. I'll have dealer check since wheel is big off center anyhow. BTW - Love the new Grew 158LE but after just 35 hours she's falling apart bad... Screws, broken seat, hanging cables, trim loose, broken clasp on glove box etc. etc. - Discouraging .....
        Craig

Comment

i have a pro-v 150 on a `16 zebra, made in lauderdale and at idle the bow will move side to side about 3 ft, youre not alone.

Comment

Working...
          X