Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Pro V 150 wet plugs

Hi Guys
    I just purchased a Baron 2100 with a Pro v 150 on it. The Motor was rebuilt do to ian oil injection pump failure. I have had it out a dozen times with noo problems. Tha Last trip I made out the motor was running really rough and sound like its missing. When I got home I checked the plugs. All 3 plugs on the left are wet. The 3 on the right are dry. I tried new plugs and got the same problem. does anyone know why this is happening. I am concerned that all 3 on the one side are doing it.

Thanks
    Jack

could be one of your fuel pump diaphrams is compromised letting excess fuel into crankcase.do you see unspent fuel coming out of exhaust ports?

Comment

I dont see unspent fuel coming out the exhaust ports. Is there one diaphram for each side? I thought it may be a head gasket cause its all three cylinders but if a head gasket is broke I think 2 cylinders would loose compression at the very worst not 3. I havent done a compression test. I will do that next to rule out compression. I was also thinking a bad ground on that side of the head may give me a weak spark. I have taken the ground wire off and re tightened it.

Comment

Jack,
        Sounds like you are losing spark on the port side.
        I could be wrong, but I believe there are charge and pulser coils for each side.
        You really need a shop manual to help you trouble shoot the ignition and check out the coils of the stator - can order online at www.yamahapubs.com .
        Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img] ,
        Ken K

Comment

Working...
        X