Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Yamaha 200hp Cable Tube hookup at motor HOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Yamaha 200hp Cable Tube hookup at motor HOW?

Hi. I have searched this forum and could not find the answer. I have put twin 1988 200hp motors on my 2003mako 252. There are two black rubber tubes that the shift, throttle, battery cables etc. run through coming from both sides of the transom (port and starboard). I don't have the pieces that hook up to the motor at the end of these tubes. I went to B and F Marine and they sold me the wrong ones that simply don't fit in the holes of the motors where the cables usually go through. I realize these are older motors, so does that mean I can't use these tubes to hide all the wiring?
    thanks in advance for you help.
    sam

Sounds like you are describing rigging tubes. Try TH Marine - they have a supply of rigging tube related products. Not sure if any cover the eariler motors. I did not find anything for my 1987 Yamaha.

D-

Comment

thank you.
      I will try them.

Comment

i think with the older motors you need the rubber grommet insert and round on the outside to fit into the rigging tube, any yammie dealer should supply them.

Comment

The older engines didn't have the grommet for the rigging tube. You can use 6R3-42725-20-00 grommet, it's not a perfect fit but will work.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

thanks for the part number and the help.
            sam

Comment

Working...
            X